Thursday 31 December 2015

A Thank You

My crowdfunding finished on the 24th December! It raised £2545, £545 in excess of my target that I set in November!

73 people supported me including friends, family, strangers, The Coldstream guards, FB groups and memorably Bestival!

Because of this I am able to train as a full-time skeleton athlete up until April when I will move to Bath.

The money will be used to pay bills, facility costs, equipment costs e.g. tools for my sled, travel to Bath and to airports from Scotland. It will help buy my food; crucial for an athlete.

I want to say an enormous THANK YOU to everyone that supported but also to everyone that shared, liked, RT’d my numerous (apologies) FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram posts!

Brazenly asking for money is not something I wanted to do but crowdfunding is becoming more and more common; particularly with development athletes and particularly in non summer or non professional sports.

But I have actually loved sharing my story and my journey with everyone that has interacted with me. And now you’re all part of what I am trying to achieve; some motivation in case I needed any extra.

I also want to thank James for helping me come up with new ideas to keep my supporters interested, Fiona who taught me about social media scheduling and Iain MacIntosh Photography for providing the rewards for the 12 days of Christmas way before I even had the idea! Lastly a big thanks to IOW media (IW radio, IWCP, Island Echo) for helping spread my story, I am very fortunate to come from the Isle of Wight; where as a community we root for and support one another. I hope I can do the Island proud one day.

I now look forward to getting my rewards organised! Writing my newsletter for people who donated £50 or more, arranging meet and greets or training sessions for supporters who selected those options and of course posting out some signed photographs. Come the 1st January that is my priority!

So keep an eye out in the post or email!



No comments:

Post a Comment